Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fair Isle

Today I've been learning to knit Fair Isle holding one colour in each hand and weaving the floats in as I go along.

Someone on Ravelry posted a link to the Philosophers wool tutorial on the two handed stranding technique.  

In order to do this properly you have to be able to knit one strand "Continental" and the other "English". It's a bit of a learning curve but I think I'm getting there, slowly.

I think I need to find something a little more inspiring than this sampler to get my teeth into though.  I don't particularly care for the colours and it's be nice to have something to show for it at the end.

I really like Jill McGee's "My favourite Things" Infinity Scarf but not sure I'm quite ready for that yet so maybe just a little purse or something first.



No comments: