Monday, August 04, 2014

A Welsh Adventure

I went to Wales last weekend to attend a spinning workshop with Sarah Anderson, author of The Spinner's Book of Yarn Designs


Sarah was in the UK as a tutor at Fibre East but agreed to do another workshop which was organised by Katie Weston (of Hilltopcloud fame) and the lovely spinners of the Montgomeryshire Guild. 

It was lovely to meet up with some spinners that I hadn't seen for a while and to meet new friends as well.  The workshop was great fun and Sarah a very good teacher. We managed to get through a lot in the day including Corespun yarns

 

Supercoils
 
 
and Crepe yarn
 

I was a bit slow to get the hang of the Supercoils so had to finish my Crepe yarn in the hotel after the workshop but it turned out okay.

Katie had put together lovely packs of fibre for everyone to use on the day (thank you Katie) and everyone had a great time. 

I drove back on the Sunday taking a detour via Colwyn Bay

No comments: